Starting Out[edit | edit source]
- Put some effort into selecting where you start out.
- Long term you will need to find large underground water sources or distill salt water with the salt works.
- You will need access to fresh water until you research far enough to build a salt works
- Build a water pipe to connect your still directly to the water source.
- The end of the pipe must be underwater for this to work.
- The water must be fresh water.
- Build pipes in the carpenter or mason workshop.
Moving water short distances[edit | edit source]
- Dig a trench between the pool you want to move and a new pool.
- Water will only flow 30 blocks without any change in height, so make the trench deeper by 1 block every 30 blocks of distance.
Moving water upwards[edit | edit source]
- Build a water pump and windmill and connect them with mechanisms.
- They must be connected at the gear icon.
- Mechanisms are built in the crafter's workshop.
- The water pump will take water from the input and output it at the output.
- Both input and output can be connected with pipes. The input pipe needs to be underwater for it to work.
Saltworks[edit | edit source]
- The outlet of the saltworks should be over a pit for the created fresh water to collect. Pipes can be used to direct the output.
- The input must be connected to salt water with pipes. The inlet has to be underwater.
- The outlet for the saltworks should be over a pit for the created fresh water to collect.
- If the a layer of the pit is too big, the water won't stay but simply disappear
- 7x7 seems to work, don't go larger
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.